- The distance between the hoistway door and the hoistway edge of the landing sill must not exceed ¾-inch.
- The gate must be less than 4 inches from the side of the landing door facing the hoistway. To meet code, a 4-inch sphere placed anywhere in the space would keep the elevator door from closing.
The ASME 2016 update was implemented for the safety of all who might use, ride on, or operate a home elevator. Its primary function is to ensure there is not a space where a small child or pet could stand or become entrapped between the closed landing door and the elevator gate. Whether or not you have a small child or pet presently living in your home, a violation of this code could present a safety hazard to short-term guests, including children, current residents, and future residents of the home.
- Meeting Elevator codes with standard door jams is very difficult, so we offer Knock Down Flush Frame kits that are the easiest way to finish your doorways safely and effectively.
- Rough openings for these frames are different from standard frames.
- Add 6-1/4” to your slab width and 1.25” to your slab height.
- This will make your flush frames fit perfectly in your square and plumb openings.
These knock-down, flush-mount door frames are the perfect solution to meeting ASME 3/4" & 4" Rule. A flush-mount frame insures that ASME A17.2-2016 is adhered to without the need for space guards, baffles, or other intrusive hardware.
Standard Specifications Kit Contents:
Wood Type: Paintable Poplar
Designed for: 36" x 80" Landing Doors
Rough Dimensions: 42-1/4" x 81-7/8" x 4-9/16"
Assembly: Knock-down for ease of transport. Assemble at jobsite (will require mortising).
1 x Header
1 x Lock Post
1 x Hinge Post
2 x Jamb Stock
3 x Door Stop Trim
1 x Dummy Handle
3 x Spring Hinges
1 x Ball Detent
1 x Finger Pull
Dummy Handle Spring Hinges Ball Detent Finger Pull
OTHER WOOD TYPES, SIZES, AND CUSTOMIZATIONS ARE AVAILABLE. CONTACT US!